- One the first page, in the first center paragraph, click on the link "Please click here".
- To log in, on the database homepage click on the "Denglu" button on the upper left-hand corner (there is no password to put in).
- Additional fonts are required for displaying classical Chinese characters and can be downloaded from the database homepage.
Internet Explorer 7.0+ version or compatible browser.
The database provides online access to the full text of Sibu Congkan, an important collection of pre-modern Chinese books. Originally published by Commercial Press in 1919-1936, Sibu Congkan reprinted authoritative editions (often the earliest available editions) of Chinese works in three series, in a total of 504 works and 3134 volumes. The publisher used photolithography in printing, which makes Sibu Congkan superior to the typeset editions from the same period. It is an essential resource for studying pre-modern Chinese literature, history, and culture.
- To select texts for copying and pasting, users need to switch from the default “image” mode to the “text” mode.
- To switch to full screen, press F11 on the keyboard once; to exit full screen, press F11 again.
Antiquity to Qing Dynasty.
Pre-modern Chinese books printed by Commercial Press in 1919-1936.
Print counterpart or
Search "Si bu cong kan" as title in the Library catalog for print versions.
Unihan Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
Vendor/electronic presentation provider
Oriprobe Information Services, Inc. (Canada)