Bates' Visual Guide to Physical Examination (4th edition) is available as streaming video.
|Volumes 1 to 12||Volumes 13 to 18|
Head, Eyes, and Ears
Nose, Mouth, and Neck
Thorax and Lungs
Peripheral Vascular System
Breasts and Axillae
Male Genitalia, Hernias, Rectum, and Prostate
Female Genitalia, Anus, and Rectum
The Nervous System: Cranial Nerves and Motor System
The Nervous System: Sensory System and Reflexes
Approach to the Patient
Head-to-Toe Assessment (Adult)
Pediatric Head-to-Toe Assessment (Infant)
Pediatric Head-to-Toe Assessment (Child)
Head-to-Toe Assessment (Older Adult)
General Survey and Vital Signs
Examination of the Skin
Please note the following system requirements in order for the program to work successfully:
- PC installed with Windows - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MACINTOSH, FIREFOX, or CHROME
- Internet Explorer 9/10 configuration settings prior to use:
Quickest way - Click COMPATIBILITY VIEW icon in address bar (it's to the left of refresh) -
Full path to compatibility settings if needed - TOOLS menu > COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS > select DISPLAY ALL WEBSITES IN COMPATIBILITY VIEW" and "DOWNLOAD COMPATIBILITY LISTS FROM MICROSOFT" and close. You may need to reload the Bates link from library web site.
TOOLS menu > INTERNET OPTIONS > SECURITY tab > INTERNET CONTENT ZONE > CUSTOM LEVEL button > SECURITY SETTINGS window > Scroll to SCRIPTING/ACTIVE SCRIPTING setting and enable ACTIVE SCRIPTING.
- Windows Media Player 9 or higher is required.
- Your computer's monitor must have a resolution of 640x480 or higher (800x600 is recommended, although video files will appear larger on monitors set at 640x480 - the image size is at 320x240 only); and,
- A sound card is required (the audio is mono and not stereo);