To find a laptop that you can borrow for use in the library, look in the .
- Use the Basic Search option and enter "laptop" in the search box.
- Select "Title" from the drop-down menu, and then select Find.
- Select "Equipment" from the Format list at the left of the results page. Your results should include one or more records that list the laptops that are available for loan.
- Select an individual record to see a list of the associated laptops, and find out which ones are currently available and which are already checked out to another user.
- Visit the library's circulation desk and present your RUconnection card to check out the laptop.
- You must read and accept the Laptop/Netbook Lending Agreement before you can begin using a laptop.
Please note that:
- Laptops are available for in library use by current Rutgers students, staff, and faculty.
- The loan period is 4 hours from the time of check out, or until 15 minutes before closing time. Overdue fines are $10 per hour overdue.
- You can save files to a flash drive, email them, or upload them to Google Drive or a similar site. Documents saved to a laptop will be lost when the laptop is shut down or restarted. The Libraries are not responsible for the loss of any data while using library-owned equipment.
- The full replacement and processing cost of $700 for a netbook and $1,200 for a laptop is due should the computer or peripheral devices be stolen, lost, not returned, or damaged beyond repair.