As of August 31, 2014] Art Full Text has been cancelled and will no longer be available through the Rutgers University Libraries. The Libraries deeply regret any inconvenience to our user community.
You may find the following electronic resources of some utility to your research:
- Academic Search Premier
- ARTbibliographies Modern (ABM)
- Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA) & Repertoire de la Litterature de l’Art (RILA)
- Art Index Retrospective (1929-1984)
- Google Scholar
You may also wish to consult with a reference librarian for other ways to help find the resources you need.
If you have additional concerns about how to pursue your information needs, you may contact:
Ask a Librarian.
Art Full Text is a bibliographic database that indexes articles from art periodicals published throughout the world. Periodical coverage includes English-language periodicals, yearbooks, and museum bulletins, as well as periodicals published in French, Italian, German, Japanese, Spanish, Dutch, and Swedish. In addition to articles, this database indexes reproductions of works of art that appear in indexed periodicals. Art Full Text is a crucial source for research on all periods of art, art history, and architectural history broadly defined, including stylistic periods and movements and individual artists throughout the history of art from the ancient period through the present day.
Help is available via a link in the upper right corner of every screen.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
- Journal alerts and Search history alerts.
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
Citations with abstract 1984-present, some full-text 1997-present.
Art periodicals, yearbooks, and museum bulletins.
Type of coverage
Citations with annotations; some full-text content.
Print counterpart or
Related Resource: Art Index Retrospective
Vendor/electronic presentation provider