"GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on the environmental effects of individuals, corporations and local/national governments, and what can be done at each level to minimize these effects."
GreenFile is interdisciplinary and deals with connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, policy, and health and technology.
Topics covered include climate change, green buildings, pollution, sustainability, renewable energy sources and recycling, The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 600,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more a small percentage of records.
User tools and features
- Journal alerts and Search history alerts.
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
- Updating frequency:
Most coverage begins in the 1990s, with some earlier content (back to 1948) included.
Primarily journals but also includes other formats.
Type of coverage
Abstracts and some full-text, some overlap with other EBSCO databases.
Print counterpart or
Vendor/electronic presentation provider