Interface is in French
To start, select Accès aux bases de données
and then select Corpus de la Littérature Médiévale des Origines au 15e Siècle.
The Corpus of Medieval Literature coontains more than 800 French literary works, narratives, poems, and plays from the ninth through the fifteenth centuries. The database interface and the texts in the Corpus are in French.
One method of searching the Corpus is by browsing texts divided by four different fields:
- Author (Auteur)
- Title of Work (Titres des Oeuvres)
- Literary Genre (Genres Littéraires)
- Chronology (Chronologie)
At the initial screen, note the split screen interface. On the left-hand side the default screen is an alphabetical list of authors included in the database. On the right-hand side is a choice of search interface. Choosing "auteur," "titres des oeuvres," "genres littéraires," or "chronologie" changes the corresponding list on the left-hand side of the screen.
Choosing "Auteur" for example, results in the following:
- On the left side of the screen an alphabetical list of authors in the corpus will appear.
- Clicking on an author's name will bring up a title list of the author's works in the corpus.
- Clicking on a specific title will bring the table of contents of that title.
- After choosing a specific section of the table of contents, the corresponding part of the text will appear on the right hand side of the screen, while the table of contents remains on the left side of the screen.
It is also possible to conduct full-text searches. Clicking on the "Recherche Simple" search allows one to search for specific words within the texts. Click on "Recherche Simple" and enter the search terms in the box labeled "Rechercher dans le texte integral." Remember, search terms must be in French. It is possible to refine the search by genre, author, or text title. An advanced search is also available which allows one to specify the date of a work.
The "Export" button allows one to export search results to a disk.
For additional information please consult the online help or "aide," the written help manual ("manuel d'utilisation") available in scc-comref PQ1301.C67 guide.
Ninth through fifteenth centuries.
Medieval French literary works, narratives, poems, and plays.
Type of coverage
Print counterpart or
Individual print volumes of each title included in the database; CD-ROM of Corpus.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider