The Music Index Online is produced by Harmonie Park Press. The Music Index has been available in print form since 1949. It is a comprehensive author, title and subject guide to music periodical literature. It covers music across cultures and styles of composition. The index surveys data from over 850 music periodicals published in more than 40 countries. This database cites book reviews, obituaries, news periodicals, and news, as well as articles about music, musicians, and the music industry.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
- Journal alerts and Search history alerts.
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
Type of coverage
Indexing with some links to full text.
Print counterpart or
The Music Index.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider