Professional Development Collection, designed for professional educators, provides a collection of over 500 full-text education journals (approximately 350 are peer-reviewed), over 200 educational reports, primarily from the U.S. Department of Education, and over 20 monographs from Transaction Publishers. In addition to full text, indexing and abstracts are provided for more than 700 journals. The majority of full text titles included in the database are available in native (searchable) PDF.
Help is available via a link in the upper right corner of every screen.
List of publications available via Publications link in the toolbar.
Search access to American Heritage Dictionary, 4th ed. available via Dictionary link in the toolbar.
A link to Help is available in the upper right of every screen.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
- Journal alerts and Search history alerts.
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
Coverage varies by title with the earliest back to 1965 to present. Coverage for most titles begins in 1990s.
Type of coverage
Full-text or full-image available for most titles; indexing with citations and abstracts.
Print counterpart or
No print counterpart.
Vendor/electronic presentation provider