The Retrospective Index to Music Periodicals (RIPM), originally Répertoire International de la Presse Musicale, is an international bibliography of 19th and early 20th century periodical literature dealing with music, musical life, and, by extension, music history.
The database consists of over 500,000 records, each of which includes a link to additional information about the periodical cited. The content is international in scope, including indexing for materials published throughout Europe and North America.
Help is available via a link in the upper right corner of every screen.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
- Journal alerts and Search history alerts.
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
Every 6 months.
International music periodicals.
Type of coverage
Indexing with citations.
Print counterpart or
RIPM In Print [volumes devoted to individual periodical titles: Music Reference ML5]
Vendor/electronic presentation provider