Social Work Abstracts contains abstracts of over 74,000 articles and dissertations in the social service field. Social work perspectives are provided on topics such as homelessness, AIDS, child and family welfare, aging, substance abuse, social policy, community organization, and more.
Help is available via a link in the upper right corner of every screen.
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
- Journal alerts and Search history alerts.
- Compatible with RefWorks.
- Saved searches. Free My EBSCOHost account required.
- A visual search tab allows the user to search efficiently across broad subjects, and then returns a visual map of results, organized by topic.
- iPhone and Android applications.
1977 - present.
Indexes over 450 journals, as well as dissertations.
Type of coverage
Indexing with citations and abstracts.
Print counterpart or
Social Work Abstracts
Vendor/electronic presentation provider