UNdata is a multi-disciplinary source providing official statistics produced by countries and compiled by the United Nations data system. The resource also includes estimates and projections. Areas of coverage are: agriculture, employment, education, energy, environment, health, human development, industry, information and communication technology, national accounts, population, refugees, trade and tourism. Indicators such as Millennium Development Goals are also part of the collection.
Some of the data sources included are:
- Commodity Trade Statistics
- UNSD Demographic Statistics
- Energy Statistics
- FAO Data
- Gender Info 2007
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory Data
- Human Development Report
- ILO Data
- Indicators on women and men
- Industrial Commodity Statistics
- Key Global Indicators
- National Accounts Estimates of Main Aggregates
- National Accounts Official Country Data
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics
- UNHCR Statistical Yearbook
- The State of the World's Children
- WHO Data
- World Population Prospects
- World Telecommunication/ICT Indicators Database
- World Statistics Pocketbook
- World Tourism Organization Statistics
For help using these indexes see: How do I find an article on my topic?
User tools and features
Related tools such as a thematic mapping engine and a plugin for Firefox are available from the tools page: http://data.un.org/wiki/Tools.ashx
Varies for each data source and series; range of coverage is from the 1940s to projections for the future.
Varies for each data source. See http://data.un.org/wiki/Tools.ashx
Data sources are the UN Statistics Division's own databases in areas such as merchandise trade, national accounts, demography and population, energy, status of women, and industrial commodities production; and statistics from United Nations Organizations (UNOs) such as FAO, ILO, ITU, UNDP, UNESCO, UNHCR, UNICEF, WHO, and the World Tourism Organization, among others.
Type of coverage
Viewable and searchable statistical series that can be output in delimited (.csv) or structured (xml) format.
Print counterpart or
Some publications included in the database are available in other formats and may be found through a search of the .
Vendor/electronic presentation provider