Group Study rooms are intended as a quiet place for students to work and study together. They are not intended for either individual study or socializing.
If you are familiar with this system you may book a room now.
If you have any questions or concerns about the study room equipment please feel free to contact the OIT-Camden help desk, located on the main floor of the Paul Robeson Library.
Technical Support can also be reached anytime by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone during operating hours at 856-225-6274.
Please also be sure to review the usage policies for these rooms.
Who can reserve rooms?
Only current Rutgers Students with a valid Rutgers NetID may reserve rooms for group study using the reservation system. CCC\Rowan students may ask for help at the circulation desk for room availability. Other users not listed cannot reserve a room at this time.
You can now view a map of the second floor if you would like to see the floor layout before your reservation.
How do I reserve a group study room in Camden?
Group Study Rooms may only be reserved through our online reservation system at: https://rcit.rutgers.edu/apps/BookViewLaw/rob or in person at the circulation desk using our physical swipe card kiosk.
To reserve a room at the library:
In person at the library circulation desk we have a swipe card kiosk. Simply swipe your ID and reserve a room by following the onscreen prompts.
To reserve a room off campus:
Step 1: Login at https://rcit.rutgers.edu/apps/BookViewLaw/rob
Step 2: Select a day you would like to reserve.
Step 3: Find a room from the first column.
Note: You may wish to check the room capacity first to ensure you have the right size room. To check a room’s capacity you can place your mouse over the room number as seen below.
Step 4: Select an available time block by clicking the word available on the calendar.
Step 5: Click the "Reserve Now" button.
When can we reserve the room?
A study room may be booked for 2 hours per day in 1 hour increments. You may use a total of 8 hours maximum in a period that covers 5 days prior to and after the current date.
See the following example of an acceptable range of days a student could reserve a group study room.
You will receive an email confirming your reservation. The confirmation email is sent to your email account associated with your Rutgers NetID.
How many people do we need to reserve a room?
Groups must have at least two people.
How long can we have the room for?
Up to two hours per day in one hour increments.
To avoid losing your time allowance for a meeting you cannot make, you may cancel your reservation online. To cancel a future session that has not already started click on your entry in the student view calendar and then chose yes to the option asking if you want to cancel the event. We do not typically modify entries, but if you have a demonstrable issue please visit us at the circulation desk so we can review or assist you.
There is a 15-minute grace period attached to your reservation. If your group does not arrive within the grace period the reservation may be void and the room may become openly available.
What can you find in a study room?
Each room contains a large display monitor, an Apple TV, a Windows PC, and a room recording camera. The center of each table has a command console for cables to attach various USB/VGA/HDMI devices.
- The group study rooms are intended for use by Rutgers University, Camden County College (Camden Campus), and Rowan University (Camden Campus) students and are not open to the general public.
- Any problems regarding room use should be immediately reported to one of the services desks located on the first floor either in-person or by phone. Reference Desk: 856-225-6034 and Circulation Desk: 856-225-2848.
- Students who make reservations are guaranteed use of the room for the specific date and time requested. Other students must honor that request or will be asked to leave.
- If a room has no reservation then it is open for student use.
- If the room is booked for a specific time please vacate the room a few minutes in advance of the booking time so the next student can be accommodated.
- Study rooms typically close one hour prior to closing.
- Anyone who reserves a room is expected to clean up after themselves and leave the room ready for the next group.
- Please keep voices to a minimum while using the study room.
- Please refrain from eating food in the room or drinking from open containers.
- Be sure to remove all personal trash and debris from the room.
- Notices that you may be video recorded have been displayed at the entrance of this building. Please note that there are also ceiling mounted cameras located in the study rooms. If the lighted switch on the wall of the room is illuminated you are requesting your copy of a recording. The person that schedules this room will receive a streaming link to their official Rutgers email. If you have any issues with not being able to receive your recording, please contact the RCIT support at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the room reservation system in general or another library related question please give us a call at: 856-225-2848 or visit our service desks on the main floor.