Digital Persistence – Much Work To Do
- OAIS and METS are good starting points.
- These standards are being actively integrated into institutional repositories such as DSPACE (MIT) and Fedora (UVa).
- The draft (emerging) standards are comprehensive.
- We need a core (minimalist) set of metadata focusing on the institutional requirements and the migration process.
- We need a well-defined workflow (new roles for the library).
- The migration process should be defined – who does it and “trigger” points.