How Do I...
...check out a laptop?
- Search in the Library Catalog for "Laptop; Netbook" using the 'title begins with' search option to find what Rutgers libraries have laptops and netbooks available to check out. You will see the number of laptops at each library, and if they are currently available or checked out.
- If you are a current Rutgers student, faculty, and staff you are eligible to checkout a laptop or netbook.
- Laptops or netbooks are currently available at the Alexander, Art, and Kilmer libraries. Go to the library's circulation desk and present your RUconnection card.
- Before you can begin using a laptop or netbook, , open it and read and accept the Laptop/Netbook Lending Agreement.
- Laptops and netbooks may only be used in the library. The loan period is 4 hours from the time of check out, or until 15 minutes before closing time.
- You can save files to a flash drive or to web mail (attach a saved file and email it). Documents temporarily saved to a laptop's or netbook's desktop will be lost upon rebooting or turning iit off. The Library is not responsible for the loss of any data while using a laptop or netbook.
- 7. Overdue fines are $10 per hour overdue. The full replacement and processing cost of $700 for a netbook and $1,200 for a laptop is due should the computer or peripheral devices be stolen, lost, not returned, or damaged beyond repair.