How Do I...
...recall a book from another user?
To recall a Rutgers book:
- Search the Library Catalog
to find the record for the book you need. If all copies are checked out, search the PALCI catalog and if the item is available, place an E-ZBorrow request to get quick delivery from another academic library. No recall is needed.
- If the book is not available in the PALCI catalog, return to the Library Catalog record for the book, and click on the "Book Delivery/Recall" button to recall the book from another borrower.
- Enter your NetID and password or, if you do not have a Rutgers NetID and are eligible to recall books, enter your Libraries barcode and PIN. Then select the library where you want to pick up the book.
Law library patrons may recall books for pick up at Camden or Dana (Newark) library.
- For multi-volumes sets, place a check mark in the box beside the volume number for each volume that you want to recall.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- Use the "Item Special Request" option to recall a book for delivery to an off-campus
pickup site. To recall a specific volume in a multi-volume set,
enter the volume number in the "Additional Information" field.
You will be notified by email when a recalled book becomes available for pick-up.