To schedule library instruction sessions for your course, or to discuss your students library research needs, or to
integrate information literacy into your courses or assignments, please contact your instruction coordinator or a
subject specialist librarian.
- Contact your campus
instruction coordinator or a
subject specialist librarian at least two weeks before the class.
- Introduce the research assignment to your students at least a week before the library session, so they have some time to think about it.
- Talk with your librarian to make sure the library instruction relates to a specific class assignment and supports your curriculum.
- Provide your syllabus and any assignment sheets to the librarian.
- Have library sessions during a regularly scheduled class period and make attendance mandatory.
- Attend the class yourself and participate. Your students adopt the behaviors and attitudes that you model.