Current Rutgers students, faculty, and staff may check out a laptop at the circulation desk at the Alexander, Art, and Kilmer libraries.
- Laptops may only be used in the library.
- Files can be saved to a flash drive or to web mail (attach a saved file and email it). Any Documents temporarily saved to the laptop's desktop will be lost upon rebooting or turning off the laptop. The Library is not responsible for the loss of any data while using the laptop.
- Files can be printed to the print release station in the library for a fee, or to an OIT computing lab where they will be available for up to 2 hours.
- The loan period is 4 hours from the time of check out, or until 15 minutes before closing time.
- Overdue fines are $10 per hour overdue. Should the computer or peripheral devices be stolen, lost, not returned, or damaged beyond repair, the full replacement and processing cost of $700 for a netbook or $1,200 for a laptop is due.
- Users must accept a Laptop/Netbook Lending Agreement before they can use a netbook.