Located in front of the circulation desk at Alexander Library, the Self Checkout machine allows borrowers to check
out their own books quickly and easily. Step-by-step instructions are displayed on an easy-to-use touch screen.
Self Checkout will:
- Verify your privileges.
- Check out and renew books and periodicals that circulate.
- Desensitize items.
- Print date due slips.
Helpful tips for using Self Checkout:
- You must have a Rutgers library account to use Self Checkout. Visit the circulation desk to set up your account if you are new to the university.
- If the Self Checkout machine does not scan the barcode on your RUconnection card or library card, or if there is a problem with your library account, please visit the circulation desk for assistance.
- Make sure the spine of the book you are checking out rests in the "V."
- If the Self Checkout machine will not checkout or scan the barcode of a particular book, please take it to the circulation desk.
- Questions? Ask staff at the circulation desk for assistance.