Two additional group study rooms are now available on the second floor, thanks to a Rutgers-Newark alumna. Mrs. Cecelia Lesniak Baros was a 1948 graduate of University College - Newark, and she included a bequest to the Dana Library in her will. Her generous gift enabled two storage rooms to be renovated, expanded, and furnished for the use of Rutgers-Newark students.
These new rooms are 12 ft by 24 ft and are located in the North Wing of the library, near the HD section, on the Conklin Hall side of the building. The rooms are available on a first-come, first-use basis, and provide seating for up to ten persons each. Besides these two additions, the Dana Library has four other group study rooms in the South Wing of the second floor and four more on the fourth floor.
Posted November 2009