- Neither a failing grade nor an academic expulsion
looks good on a resume.
- One of the perks of going to a well-respected
university is that you forge a network of professional contacts. You
will lose this opportunity for networking if you are caught cheating.
- Work taken directly from an academic or scholarly
journal is instantly recognizable to the professors. Remember
that all professors are required to publish so they are very knowledgeable
regarding the literature in their fields. Also, in addition
to being authors, many members of the Rutgers faculty serve on
the editorial boards of the major scholarly journals.
- It is common practice for academic institutions to make use of
both free and commercial that will check to see if
material has been previously published on the Web.
- Professors spend a good deal of their professional life reading
student papers. They recognize professional work immediately. They
will recognize recycled papers from other classes immediately. If
you have written other papers for them, they will recognize the difference
in your style.
- The consequences of cheating are not worth the risk.