- Can I rent my textbook?
- Do the Rutgers University Libraries own the textbooks for my courses?
The libraries do not own textbooks for every class. However, we do have some and you should do the
following to see if your textbook is available.
- Check the reserve collections here and search using your instructor’s name. Books that are on reserve
usually only circulate for 1 hour at a time.
- Check the Library Catalog, to
see if the book is at another Rutgers Library. After visiting the Library Catalog, change the words "anywhere search" to "title
begins with" and use the title of your textbook for your search. Books on the New
Brunswick or Newark Campuses can be requested by clicking on the button.
- Borrowing the textbook from a
Pennsylvania Academic Library
- If the book is NOT in the Library Catalog or
checked out, you can then try using the EZ-BORROW button found in the upper black bar in the Library Catalog.
You can then log in using your NETID (barcode/pin # for Camden County/Rowan students)and search for the book by title.
There is no charge and the
book will be sent to the Paul Robeson Library in 3 or 4 days for you to use
(for 42 days) with one renewal.
Please remember that current textbooks are
commonly placed on reserve at academic libraries, so they are unlikely to be
available via E-Z-BORROW.
- Check for your textbook at the
following online bookstores.The Libraries do not
endorse any of these sites and please be aware that there may be delays in shipping from these vendors so