Audioguide podcast for "Out of Retirement"
To introduce people to the exhibition, Out of Retirement: The Late Wood Engravings of John DePol, we've created an audio acousti-guide, a tour of the framed wood engravings on the wall in Gallery '50. The tour, written and read by the exhibition's curator, Michael Joseph, lasts for about 27 minutes and discusses the history, technique and artistic importance of some of John DePol's most renowned prints with particular regard for the notion of retirement and its complicated relationship to the notion of work. We hope the acousti-guide will extend people's appreciation of exhibition and encourage them to examine the woodblocks, books, prints, photographs, cards, pamphlets and broadsides inside the cases and continue downstairs to enjoy the rest of the exhibition in the Special Collections and University Archives gallery.
To access the acousti-guide requires that you own a device that can play mp3 files, such as itunes, or napster, and transfer these files onto a portable device, such as an IPod or Zune or NWZ. To begin:
- Click on this link: DePol
- Download the file into your computer, and then;
- Add file to your computer's mp3 player.
- Download the file onto your portable device exactly as you download podcasts.
- If iTunes isn't your default video player, you may get a play bar that will begin to play
Right click on the bar to "Save video as."
- Select this option, although your computer will know to save and tag your file as an mp3.
From that point, you can import it into itunes (etc.)
The tour begins as soon as you enter Gallery '50, so turn on your portable device when you are standing in the doorway, and be sure to enjoy the tour!