New! Asia-Studies Full-Text Online
Researchers looking at the countries in the Far and Near East can now access a world of data in their subject areas, thanks to a new Libraries online resource.
Asia-Studies Full-Text Online is a portal that provides access to reports, working paper series, and journals from Asia's most prestigious research institutions, covering economic, political, and social issues related to the nations of the region. Statistical reports on Asian countries are also available.
The 53 countries covered by the database include all of Asia from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the Central Asian republics and on east through Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific islands. The countries of the Middle East and the Arabian peninsula are excluded, while Russia and Azerbaijan are included.
The following research organizations provide the reports and publications in the database:
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Secretariat (APEC), Singapore
- Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila
- Australian APEC Study Centre, Melbourne
- Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS), Dhaka
- Berkeley APEC Study Center (BASC), California
- Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Jakarta
- East-West Center, Honolulu
- Institute of Developing Economies - Japan External Trade Organization, Tokyo
- Institute of Policy Studies, Singapore
- Japan Focus, Ithaca
- Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- Lowy Institute for International Policy, Sydney
- Maria Fiorini Ramirez, Inc. (MFR), New York
- Mongolian-German Technical Cooperation (MIT-GTZ), Mongolia
- National Center for APEC (NCAPEC), Seattle
- Nautilus Institute, San Francisco
- Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS), Manila
- University of Hong Kong APEC Study Center and Hong Kong Institute of Economics and Business Strategy (HIEBS), Hong Kong PEC
Users can access Asia-Studies Full-Text Online from the frontpage of the Libraries website, either through IRIS or by following the path Research Resources > Indexes and Databases > Social Sciences and Law > General Social Science > Asia-Studies Full-Text Online.
Posted February 3, 2006