We can get that book or article that's not at Rutgers, pronto!
(Re)Introducing the Interlibrary Loan Service
You've entered the title of that 'must have' journal article or book into IRIS, the Rutgers University Libraries online catalog, and come up empty - no copies at Rutgers. What to do?
Jump into the car and race to the BigBookSeller store in the Mall?
Make do without it?
Forget the stress, save your money, and do the best you can on that assignment. Let the Rutgers University Libraries Interlibrary Loan Service help you secure the book or journal article you need - pronto.
Through membership in national & international, regional, and local consortia and associations the RU Libraries' Interlibrary Loan Service secures a wide range of books and journal articles for Rutgers library users, often within a week of the initial request. Books requested are delivered to the requester's Rutgers library of choice and links to desired articles are delivered to their email address, at no cost to the user.
Rutgers University students, faculty, and staff may use this service. Students, faculty, and staff teaching or taking courses on the Camden Urban Campus of Camden County College or Rowan University; and UMDNJ students, faculty, housestaff, and staff covered by the reciprocal agreement between Rutgers University Libraries and the University Libraries of UMDNJ, are also eligible for Rutgers interlibrary loan service.
Rutgers Interlibrary Loan service is one of the most active services in the University Libraries and one of the most robust interlibrary loan services in the region. In the 2006/2007 academic year Rutgers Interlibrary Loan service secured 20,457 books and 7,193 journal articles for Rutgers users and loaned 26,468 books and 14,749 journal articles at Rutgers to external requesters.
For more information on Rutgers Interlibrary Loan service, please see: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/lib_servs/ill.shtml
To submit a request for a book or journal that is not at Rutgers, please log in at: https://www.rulill.rutgers.edu/illiad/RULILL/logon.html
Rutgers' statewide interlibrary loan services are funded by the New Jersey State Library which is responsible for the coordination, promotion and funding of the New Jersey Library Network.
Rutgers Interlibrary Loan Service is a member of the following consortia:
- National and International
- Research Libraries Group/Shared Resources Program (RLG Shares)
- OCLC (Online Computer Library Center)
- RAPID (Rapid Access Processing & Information Delivery program)
- The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- The Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
- The Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO)
- The Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortia, Inc. (PALCI)
- The Virtual Academic Library Network (VALE)
- The New Jersey Library Network
- The Eastern New Jersey Regional Library Cooperative (INFOLINK)
- The South Jersey Regional Library Cooperative (SJRLC).
Posted March 3, 2008