Introducing the new Libraries LibX Toolbar:
Use library resources while surfing the Internet
The Libraries' newest online innovation enables users to access a wealth of Libraries' services and resources, without interrupting their work on another webpage.
The Rutgers University Libraries LibX Toolbar acts as a companion to the Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browsers. Once installed, it provides instant access via a drop-down menu of links to the following Libraries' resources and services:
- Hours and Directions
- My Account
- IRIS - Libraries' catalog
- Indexes and Databases
- Delivery and Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Autolinking feature to full-text articles
The toolbar also includes new capabilities provided by the Libraries.
- Rutgers link or "cue" on a select group of popular bookseller or book related websites provides a direct link to IRIS to check if the book is available at Rutgers
- Easier linking of article citations from non-Rutgers sources to full text, if available at Rutgers
- PubMed autolinking now allows for direct linking from PubMed citations to the full-text article, if available at Rutgers
To learn more about the free downloadable Toolbar, and to place a LibX Toolbar on your web browser, please see: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/tools/toolbar/toolbar.shtml
If you have questions or comments about the Rutgers University Libraries LibX Toolbar, please send an email to RUL_toolbar@email.rutgers.edu.
Posted May 8, 2008