Some of our favorite children's rhymes
- an informing poetry reading:
Mon. Dec 7th, 5pm
The Rutgers University Libraries are pleased to present a group poetry reading on December 7, 2009 from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Archibald S. Alexander Library.
The reading is highly informal an opportunity for people who like reading and hearing children's poetry to get together and share favorites and audience members are invited to bring one or two poems to read. Reading is optional, of course, and individuals who want to attend just to hear the spoken word are welcome.
Readings will be held in the Teleconference Hall on the fourth floor of the Alexander Library, 169 College Avenue in New Brunswick. RSVP Michael Joseph (email@example.com).
This event is FREE and all are welcome to attend (even CHILDREN).
- Cheryl Clarke: Campus Dean of Students; poet and author of numerous books of poetry, including Humid Pitch (1989); Living as a Lesbian (1986); and Narratives: Poems in the Tradition of Black Women (1983);
- Wally Hastings: Visiting Professor, SCI; poet;
- Michael Joseph: Rutgers University Libraries Rare Book Librarian; poet;
- Ian Khadan: Performance poet, Urbana semi-finalist and NJ Slam Team member (2008)
- Susan Miller: Russell Teaching Fellow at Writer's House, Rutgers Department of English; poet;
- Lara Saguisag: Ph. D. candidate, Childhood Studies Program; poet author of Two Seasons: Poems for Young People (Anvil) and co-editor of Nine Supernatural Stories (University of the Philippines Press);
- Jeffery Triggs: Rutgers University Libraries Scholarly Communications Center; poet and author of numerous scholarly articles on English poetry.
Refreshments will be served at intermission and after the program.
Posted December 4, 2009