Some of our favorite children's rhymes
- an informing poetry reading:
Mon. Dec 7th, 5pm
The Rutgers University Libraries are pleased to present a group poetry reading on December 7, 2009
from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Archibald S. Alexander Library.
The reading is highly informal – an opportunity for people who like reading and hearing children’s
poetry to get together and share favorites – and audience members are invited to bring one or two
poems to read. Reading is optional, of course, and individuals who want to attend just to hear the
spoken word are welcome.
Readings will be held in the Teleconference Hall on the fourth floor of the Alexander Library, 169
College Avenue in New Brunswick.
RSVP Michael Joseph (email@example.com).
This event is FREE and all are welcome to attend (even CHILDREN).
- Cheryl Clarke: Campus Dean of Students; poet and author of numerous books of poetry, including
Humid Pitch (1989); Living as a Lesbian (1986); and
Narratives: Poems in the Tradition of Black Women (1983);
- Wally Hastings: Visiting Professor, SCI; poet;
- Michael Joseph: Rutgers University Libraries Rare Book Librarian; poet;
- Ian Khadan: Performance poet, Urbana semi-finalist and NJ Slam Team member (2008)
- Susan Miller: Russell Teaching Fellow at Writer's House, Rutgers Department of English; poet;
- Lara Saguisag: Ph. D. candidate, Childhood Studies Program; poet author of
Two Seasons: Poems for Young People (Anvil) and co-editor of
Nine Supernatural Stories (University of the Philippines Press);
- Jeffery Triggs: Rutgers University Libraries Scholarly Communications Center; poet and author of
numerous scholarly articles on English poetry.
Refreshments will be served at intermission and after the program.