New self-service checkout machine in Alexander Library
In Alexander Library, Libraries' users no longer have to wait for a staff person to check out their books and
Located in front of the circulation desk at Alexander Library, the new self-service checkout machine allows
borrowers to check out their own books quickly and easily. Step-by-step instructions are displayed on an
easy-to-use touch screen.
The self-service checkout machine will:
- Verify a user's privileges.
- Check out and renew books and periodicals that circulate.
- Desensitize items.
Staff at the Alexander Library circulation desk can answer any questions about or requests for assistance with the
self-service checkout machine.
- Users must have a Rutgers library account to use the self-service checkout machine. Please visit the circulation desk to set up your account if you are new to the university.
- The spine of the book to be checked out must rest in the V-shaped indentation, on the top of the machine, in order for the scanner to work properly.
- If the self-service checkout machine does not scan the barcode on your RUconnection card or library card, or if there is a problem with your library account, please visit the circulation desk for assistance.
- If the self-service checkout machine will not checkout or scan the barcode of a particular book, please take it to the circulation desk.
|Daniel Halpern, a doctoral student and instructor in the School of Communication and Information, uses the new self service checkout machine in Alexander Library.