News and Events:
More Library Services Accept NetID
Rutgers affiliated users can now use their NetID and password for even
more Rutgers University Libraries services. IRIS now accepts NetID and password
login, as well as the traditional barcode and PIN login. This is part of a
longer term goal to progressively phase out the use of barcode login for
everything you do at Rutgers University Libraries.
What will you see?
Whenever you log in to IRIS's My Account, need to place an Interlibrary Loan request, or log in from off-campus to use a database or journal, you can now enter your NetID and password.
What services can I use with my NetID and password?
- Access IRIS's My Account to review what you have checked out and to
- Get articles and materials from other libraries (Interlibrary Loan).
- Use the proxy server for off-campus access to indexes, databases, ejournals, and other restricted resources.
- Use the Rutgers Delivery Service to have books and other materials sent to the branch library of your choice.
- Use Refworks to manage your citations and research.
- Use RUWireless in Library buildings.
- Use Library public workstations.
- Deposit Faculty submissions in RUcore.
- Upload graduate theses and dissertations in RUetd
Is there anything that still requires a barcode?
- Currently, you need to bring your RUconnection card with Rutgers barcode to check out books at the desk or at a self-checkout machine.
- You need your barcode for E-ZBorrow, which is the Pennsylvania-based library group that Rutgers shares resources with. You will no longer need to use your barcode when the new E-ZBorrow application is installed in 2011.
- Faculty will need their barcode to place items on reserve and book media materials for classroom use.