We listened -- Libraries website search interface revised
We've been listening closely to your feedback and suggestions since last July's launch of a new "beta" search interface on the Libraries website. On Wednesday, October 10, 2012, the Libraries Web Board's Search Team introduces a revised version that incorporates many of your suggestions. Look for the following enhancements:
- A link to "Advanced Search" on the Books & Media tab for quick access to the full range of limits and advanced searching features available in the Library Catalog
- A new link to "E-journals only" on the Journals tab for users who are searching for an electronic journal
- New mouse-over text on each tab with brief descriptions of its scope
- The ability to carry search terms across all tabs so you can switch tabs without the need to re-enter your search terms
- New placement of the help icon in the bottom right corner
- Addition of a "beta" sticker
The search interface is not yet finished and we continue to develop it, so please keep testing and sending us your feedback. Click on the "Share your thoughts on the beta Library search interface" link at the bottom of the search interface box for a short feedback questionnaire.
Thank you for helping to improve the Search experience on the Libraries website.
Posted October 10, 2012