Upgraded scanning options at the Libraries
|Photo by Bilge Olgun|
In surveys, focus groups, and informal encounters, students and faculty members often express support for Libraries' technological advances and ask for more.
The Libraries are pleased to announce the latest upgrades to provide our users with cutting-edge, self-service technological options.
By adding new software the Imaging Services offices in the Libraries have added the following options to their scanning machines:
1) Scan to print directly to computing labs
- available in the Alexander, Art, Douglass, Kilmer, and LSM libraries; coming soon to the Dana Library
2) Scan to smartphone or tablet via QR barcode
- available in the Alexander, Annex, Art, Chang, Douglass, Kilmer, LSM, Math, SERC, and SMLR libraries; coming soon to the Dana and Robeson libraries
3) Scan to fax using a library copy card
- available in the Alexander, Art, Chang, Douglass, Kilmer, LSM, Math, SERC, and SMLR libraries; coming soon to the Dana and Robeson libraries
For more information on resources in the Imaging Services offices, locations, hours of operation, and other topics, please see their website: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/lib_servs/imaging_services.shtml
Posted January 23, 2012