RLG Databases UNAVAILABLE 12/31/99 - 1/1/00
The Libraries have been advised by the Research Libraries Group (RLG) that they will temporarily suspend access to all RLG databases from 9 pm Pacific Time Friday, December 31, 1999 until 4 pm Pacific Time Saturday, January 1, 2000. RLG databases that are usually accessible to Rutgers users include:
- Anthropological Literature,
- Archival Resources,
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals,
- Bibliography of the History of Art,
- Chicano Database,
- FRANCIS (int'l humanities and social sciences),
- Handbook of Latin American Studies,
- Hispanic-American Periodical Index,
- History of Science and Technology,
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals,
- Index to 19th Century American Art Periodicals,
- Inside Information,
- RLIN (Eureka version only), and the
- Russian Academy of Science Bibliographies.
Database access is normally available each Saturday at 8 am Pacific Time; during this additional eight-hour outage RLG staff will complete testing of all RLG online services to ensure that they work properly in the new century.
RLG is confident of the year 2000 readiness of their databases and other services -- once database access is restored on January 1, 2000 they will return to their regular availability.
Posted December 22, 1999