Changes In IRIS Starting Friday Aug. 18th
As part of regular necessary catalog maintenance, the Libraries Systems Department will be updating and rebuilding the IRIS indexes starting Friday August 18th. While this is taking place, users will experience a few differences in IRIS.
From Friday August 18th at 5:00 pm until approximately 12:00 noon on Saturday August 19th, IRIS will be down completely. From Saturday August 19th, at approximately 12:00 noon, through the week of August 21st, IRIS will operate in a static read-only version. During this time -
- You may still locate and check out books.
- Rutgers Request Service (RRS) and Interlibrary Loan (ILL) paper forms will be available at all Rutgers University Libraries circulation desks and should be used to request materials.
- All links to web resources, such as ejournals, will work through the static, read-only version of IRIS.
- You may still gain remote access to our restricted databases. Users can learn their existing barcode and PIN by calling or visiting the circulation desk of any Rutgers library or by sending email to our Ask A Librarian service.
- Some periodicals received by the Libraries may not appear in IRIS until after the system maintenance is completed. Please check at the periodicals or reference desk if you can not find a current issue of the journal you need.
We are sorry if these changes create an inconvenience for you. We appreciate your understanding as we perform this important system maintenance, so we can most effectively serve the information needs of our users.
For further information on how the changes outlined above may effect you, please send email to the Ask A Librarian service.
Posted August 3, 2000