Computers & Computing Covered In New Libraries Database
The latest Libraries acquisition provides a wide range of articles on all aspects of computers & computing, from mouses to MicroSoft.
The ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Digital Library contains the full-text for articles published in ACM and affiliated organizationsí periodicals and proceedings since 1985, as well as bibliographic information, abstracts, and reviews for those articles. These publications cover various fields related to computing, including software, hardware, computational theory, artificial intelligence, information science, human-computer interaction, instructional technology, and the research and development communities involved in computing.
The ACM Digital Library contains:
- over 54,000 full-text articles from journals, magazines, and conference proceedings
- tables of contents with over 16,000 citations from articles published in journals and magazines from 1985 forward
- tables of contents with more than 45,000 citations from articles published in over 900 volumes of conference proceedings since 1985
Users may access the ACM Digital Library from the frontpage of the Libraries website, either through IRIS or through the Indexes & Databases alphabetical lists or by subject in the index sub-categories:
- Science, Technology, & Math / Computer Science
- Science, Technology, & Math / Engineering and Technology
- Science, Technology, & Math / Mathematics
- Social Sciences & Law / Library and Information Science
- Social Sciences & Law / Communication
Posted June 8, 2001