Dana Class Guides:
Marketing Strategy (630:609 and 630:452)
Prof. Erich Toncre
Library and Web Resources
1. Environmental scanning
- Business Source Premier (Rutgers-restricted access) covers business and management topics including company histories, competitive intelligence, product development, consumer behavior, and industry analysis and forecasts. It contains citations, lengthy abstracts, and in many cases, the full-text of articles from several thousand U.S. and international professional publications, academic journals, and trade magazines.
- For New Jersey newspapers (or papers from other states or from specific countries), use Access World News. (Rutgers-restricted access)
2. Industry analysis
3. Consumer market analysis
- Mintel Reports (Rutgers-restricted access) offer product and industry market research reports covering US and International marketplaces. Each report combines data and analysis of the competitive landscape, supply chain, market-share size and trends, and consumer profiles.
- PolicyMap displays many popular categories of demographic information as maps, including population, income, home ownership, and education. The underlying data is derived from both government and commercial sources.
4. Government statistics
5. Competitive landscape: Private companies
- ReferenceUSA (Rutgers-restricted access) offers detailed information on more than 14 million U.S. businesses.
- Use SuperPages.com to search for businesses by location and display the results on a map.
6. Competitive landscape: Public companies
7. Sample plans
8. More resources