Directions on how to transfer items from a Research Assistant Library Account to a Professor's
- Display the RA account and the Professor's account in WorkFlows. Make sure both accounts are
in good standing.
- Print out a copy of all books charged to the Research Assistant's account in Display User
under the checkouts tab
- Mail a copy of this printout to the Professor along with the "Letter for Research Assistant
card item Transfer." For a sample letter see: "Letter for Research Assistant card item
- Once you receive the signed and dated letter from the Faculty member, go ahead and transfer
all the items from the RA account to the Faculty account.
- To transfer the items, look up the RA account in WorkFlows under User Display and click on the
checkouts tab. Then open up a checkout window using the faculty member's barcode. Make sure you
have the letter with the item charges and barcodes from the RA card in front of you. Then, one
by one, copy an item barcode from the RA card, discharge the barcode, then charge the item
barcode back to the faculty account. ( you may need to use the Receive Transit wizard
if any of
the items are from a different library than yours ) Once you are done, make sure the RA account
is clear of charges. Then make sure all the items that were charged to the RA account are now on
the faculty account. Refer to the printed list of checkouts to verify this.
- Finally, remove the RA account from the system using the "Remove User" Wizard.
( Note if there are any checkouts or holds on this account, you will not be able to remove the