Information Service Standards
Knowledgeable. We are knowledgeable, fair, and professional. This means we:
Provide Basic Information and Directions. We answer questions about hours, policies, locations,
events, and people with information we can easily locate on the Rutgers University and Rutgers
University Libraries websites. This means we:
- Find and provide library building hours and
reference/circulation desks hours
- Know our library building and where materials and facilities are located: current bound journals, folios, sorting shelves,
self service copiers/scanners/printers, restrooms,
group study rooms, campus phones,
designated food areas,
- Know how to use BookRoom and direct users to the location of library classes, meetings, and events.
- Explain basic circulation policies: loan periods, book checkout limit, recalls.
- Know who is eligible for
RDS, E-ZBorrow/PALCI, ILL, and off-campus access.
- Direct patrons to campus offices and services:
RUconnection ID card services, and
fax services (Imaging Services only).
- Direct patrons to academic departments and
- Create PC Reservation accounts for guest users.
- Direct patrons to
collection development/subject specialist librarians.
Teach How to Use Core Access Services. We explain basic services and how to use them. This means we:
Know How to Use Basic Library Resources. We can conduct basic searches in the Library Catalog and general periodical
databases. We know how to find the location of cited items in RUL's collections. This means we: