Procedures for "rolling over" Electronic Reserve Files
I. Unit Staff
- Receives a request from a faculty member to retain an electronic reserve file. Unit staff
should note whether there are changes to the course, title, course number, or faculty member
utilizing the .PDF file next semester.
- Unit staff then copies the file from the current semester directory (i.e. fallXX working)
on the U:\ drive (either their own, or another unit) to the semester working directory for
the next semester the file is needed. File name can be changed at this point to reflect
changes in professor/course number. If the file is coming from a branch that has no U:\ drive
location, then you can contact the Imaging Services at
email@example.com with the
information about the file(s), and the destination U:\ working directory you want the file
- New brief records and control records should then be created for the appropriate semester.
Control records should be set to prepare until Imaging Services notifies you that the next
semester's directory on the web server is active.
- At that point, files should be FTP'd to the new web server directory (if you have FTP
privileges) or send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to FTP the files.
II. Imaging Services Staff
- Imaging Services staff will FTP the file to the next semester's directory on the web
server, and notify unit staff that files are ready.
- Old copy of file on web server will be deleted when that semester's files are purged.
III. Unit Staff
- After files are FTP'd to active web server directory, control records can be set to active,
and the links tested. Local copies of the file may then be moved from "working" to "semester"
directory on the U:\ drive, i.e. LSM sprXX.
- Reports will then remove the old semester's control records and bib records.
Last updated: July 18, 2007