Minutes of July 9, 2009 Meeting
- Kristen Ko, Shirley Lewis, Sandra Marsh, Melanie Miller, Nita Mukherjee, Antoinette Peteet, Jeff Teichmann (Coordinator)(recorder), Paul Young
- Penny Weniger
- Announcements/ Information Sharing
- Billing Training and Documentation project
- Annual report
- b) Goals (current and 2010)
- Cleanup projects
- 029 Report
- Others ?
- The various construction/renovation projects around the libraries were discussed.
Billing Training and Documentation project
- The group discussed the updated list of training and documentation topics. With the addition of 'refunds' the list of topics is complete.
- The topics were split up amongst the group members. Drafts should be complete by Sept. 1, if not before. Jeff has set up folder on the group's Sakai site (under Resources) where the drafts can be placed for all group members to see.
- Statistics - Chris Sterback has determined that billing statistics generated using Director's Station is determined by the checkout library of the material. Theoretically, the overall total numbers from Director's Station and those produced by local units should match. Jeff will do some preliminary numbers - if needed, the statistics for the past few years can be recalculated using Director's Station thus enabling comparisons.
- Goals - Jeff reported that the Access Services Committee has not produced its goals for the new fiscal year as of this time. In addition, the groups and ASC will be producing list of Project Goals, since most of the goals are the desired outcomes of various projects. Jeff reviewed the current goals and projects of the group. Many will be carried over to the new fiscal year as they are still in progress. It is possible there may be some added when ASC produces its list.
029 Report cleanup project
Three reports were generated by systems in running a comparison of the 029 report and the patron database:
- ALT ID is different, but User name matches (Jeff will check a few records to see a pattern and then ask for assistance in completing list)
- User on 029 report, but their WorkFlows record is not barred. (needs holds removed or records barred - Nita has checked)
- User on 029 report, but has no record in WorkFlows. (needs hold removed- Shirley will check)
Next Billing group meeting is scheduled for:
Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 2:30pm, Special Collections Rm., LSM
Videoconference locations: Dana and Robeson libraries