Minutes of December 13, 2004 meeting
- Ian Bogus (Chair), Ingrid Diaz, Jamie Maguire, Natascha Owens (Recorder)
- Statistics on Repairs
1. Statistics on Repairs
- Jamie reported LSM repair statistics and Ian reported on ALEX repair statistics.
- Ian noted that ALEX is getting an unusually high amount of repairs this month.
- Ian will compile the LSM statistics with the ALEX statistics in order to estimate the average
amount of time certain types of repairs take. This information will be incorporated into the
written bindery procedures.
- Missing Pages—Jamie reported slow progress at LSM due to a lack of staff/student help. Ian
recommended that Jamie and Ingrid ask Salvatore Cardinale to set up a routine with a student to
help with missing pages.
- Boxing Project—Jamie and Ingrid are happy with the new boxes they received but they are still
waiting for more to be delivered.
- LincPlus Clean-Up—Jamie reported slow but steady progress on clean-up at LSM. Ian reported
that ALEX clean-up was going relatively quickly although he has taken a break from it for a
while. He will resume once the bindery position is filled.
- DOCNJ—Ian estimated that there are about 300 pamphlet binds, although there will be a lot more
to come. At the moment there is no timeline as to when they will be ready for processing. The
group will look into how the project should be budgeted.
- LSM has been receiving and processing YBP titles for Dana Library. Jamie discussed the lack of
a standard for each library’s MARC record, which causes a problem for labeling (i.e. changing
from ed. to yr. based on how the title is received). Receivers will now keep an eye out for
these records and bring them to the attention of the Receiving Coordinator.
- Jamie went to TSB to have a look at their labeling system. She hopes that LSM and ALEX will be
able to acquire a similar system.
- Ian will incorporate binding statistics into the written bindery procedures.
- Natascha will look into the Collection Services supply budget in order to figure out how extra supplies will be obtained in regards to the DOCNJ project.
Next meeting: January 10, 2005: LSM Time: 10:00am
Next recorder: Ian Bogus
Back up recorder: Ingrid Diaz