Minutes of February 15, 2005 meeting
- Ian Bogus (Chair), Yasu Denda, Ingrid Diaz (Recorder), Jamie Maguire, Natascha Owens
- Welcome new member
- Results from time survey
- Strategic Plan
1. Welcome new member
- Everyone welcomed Yasu Denda to the Bindery Team.
2. Results from time survey
- The group spent the previous week keeping very detailed notes on their daily routine, noting
problems as they found them. The purpose of which was to determine what tasks are taking up the
most time, and what problems/issues are coming up at the two locations.
- Everyone agreed that the process was helpful. Ian suggested that this be done every couple of
- It was decided that bindery report problems should be photocopied and given back to the
receivers to fix. It was also decided that the Bindery Team will not fix holdings problems for
the time being.
3. Strategic Plan
- The group discussed the strategic plan and the different examples of organizational structures
proposed for the future of RUL.
- Processing procedures will be completed in the incoming weeks
- The Missing Pages Project is going slowly but surely. Books that have more than 20 sheets
missing will be plased aside for the time being.
- The New Jersey Government Project will start soon.
- Time surveys will be kept every two months for the course of a week
- Bindery report problems will be photocopied and given back to receivers
- Bindery will not fix holdings problems for the time being
- if a book has more than 20 missing sheets, it will be put aside
- Complete Processing procedures
- Processing procedures
- The start of the NJ Government Project
Next meeting: March 15, 2005: Alexander Library Time: 9:15am
Next recorder: Jamie Maguire
Back up recorder: Natascha Owens