Minutes of July 11, 2005 meeting
- Ian Bogus (chair), Yasu Denda, Ingrid Diaz, Jamie Maguire (recorder), Natascha Owens
- Accompanying Material
- End of year stuff
- Round Robin
1. Accompanying Material
- Reviewed proposal for RUL Standards
- Discussed possible workflows, recognized that an option would have to be added to processing
slip for accompanying material.
- Concern was expressed about material with extraneous amounts of accompanying pieces. The most
notable concerns were with time and amount of labor. We brain stormed possible short cuts, one
such option was handwriting Call numbers in pencil instead of having to create and affix labels.
We also all agreed that we would need definitions of what constitutes an accompanying piece, for
example what is considered a guide etc…. We also would like a standard for numbering the pieces,
for example main item is always #1 then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc… are decided on alphabetically;
we would like to make sure we stay consistent with what the record says in Iris.
- We also realized that we have no real idea what kind of volume we are talking about here,
especially in regards to Preservation. So it was decided that we would begin tracking
accompanying material to gage how many titles actually have accompanying material, where it is
coming from, what type of processing or preservation it needs. We all agreed that accompanying
material needing special attention in order to house properly should be sent directly to the
appropriate Bindery/Preservation staff. Questions also arose about the need for more
material/equipment for Preservation due to accompanying materials and funds to obtain such
2. End of the year stuff
- In preparation of the annual report the whole team discussed: Accomplishments, projects,
statistics, special training, and goals for the next fiscal.
- Updates for the New Documentations were reviewed; all standards are almost finalized and
approved by TSCWG members.
- We reviewed how Bookplates are handled in CSD. And with the help of TSB and Selectors hope to
hammer out the process and have some documentation shortly. Big request from the team was that
Bookplates be separated out and sent directly to appropriated Processing staff in CSD.
4. Round Robin
- Ingrid reported her last day will be Aug.12th
- Track accompanying material
- Work flow for Accompanying material
Next meeting: Aug. 16, 2005: Alex Library Time: 9:15am
Next recorder: Natascha Owens
Back up recorder: Yasu Denda