Minutes of October 18, 2005 meeting
- Ian Bogus (chair), Jamie Maguire, Natascha Owens, Yasu Denda (recorder)
- New candidate
- Re-visit book repair workflow, re-binds
- Accompanying materials
1. New candidate
- We eagerly await the official hiring of our candidate for the vacant
- Candidate will not start for at least another 2 weeks due to medical clearances
2. Re-visit book repair workflow, re-binds
- We have decided to re-bind/bind a large amount of our repair backlog. We await the proper
funds to do so.
- SMLR and EAL binding projects will begin/resume shortly. The hope is to re-bind/bind the SMLR,
EAL, and repair backlog items all at once to receive a bigger discount
- We will remove the damaged on charge stamps from book repairs. We will then write the date the
book is repaired by hand or via stamp
- Bookplate workflows have been re-examined. For now, image services will create the bookplates.
- For the future, we would like to do them in-house, for durability and reasons of convenience.
We must look into buying an appropriate printer.
4. Accompanying materials
- New standards for accompanying materials have been approved. We reviewed the standards and
reviewed several live examples to cement the knowledge.
Next meeting: November 15, 2005: LSM CSD
Next recorder: Jamie Maguire
Back up recorder: Natascha Owens