Minutes of October 26, 1999 Meeting
- Rsewell, Atallau, Jsloan, Jboyle, Vcalderhead, Rbecker, JPconsoli, Lvasquez, Jnettleman, Hhemmasi
- ICI funding will be $200,000, the same as last year. RUCS and New Brunswick have already transferred funds, still awaiting news from the other campi.
- Allocations of state funds will be made in the next few weeks. The transfer of funds from the University foundation to the Library has already taken place for non-state funds which means that Bob Sewell should be able to announce the figures shortly.
- All are encouraged to attend the workshop on allocations 10/26 2-4p.m.; but if one can not make it, other times will be offered later in the semester.
- The Advancing the Digital initiative letter will be released soon. It will be a paper document for teaching faculty, librarians should receive an e-mail version just before distribution.
- Cancellation lists have been submitted. As of this year, all paper copies of ISI will be canceled. Final list has the information from which the library canceled each title and if there are remaining current copies or online.
- The charge of the Preservation Planning Task Force is now available, copies can be received from Mr. Ron Becker, or from your local CDC representative.
- Bob attend the latest NERL meeting at NYU where approximately 20 different products were discussed for possible joint purchasing/subscription. The committee also reviewed standard licensing agreement drafted by representatives from NERL, ARL, OhioLink, and California Digital Library.
Some products considered at NERL were:
- Arden Shakespeare
- Early English Books on-line
- EIU reports
While MUSE was considered, Rutgers will be acquiring this product through its PALINET affiliation. Council recommended purchase of the expanded Project Muse with an additional 67 titles.
- Acquisitions update.
- It was announced that RUL theses records will be unshadowed, and the records will be made available in IRIS a wee bit before the circulating copy is ready.
- Jane Sloan has announced her intent to leave the Acquisitions post as of 1/1/00 to take a position as "Head of Multimedia and Digital library services."
- The position description for the Acquisitions Librarian was enthusiastically discussed.
- Systems Update: Armand's position has been filled.
- Links are beginning to be created from the Web of Science to journal titles owned at RUL.
- The is a slight access problem with Beilstein.
- The catalogue records should be available soon for CIS Statistical Index.
- A line has been found for a Network Resources Associate in Technical and Automated Services and it will be quickly posted.
- Until CDC can have a more complete discussion of "last copy in system", no last copies of any item will be weeded. Final discussion will take place at the next meeting and James Nettlemen will prepare documentation for the discussion.
- The forms for requesting of Networked Resources, which include:
- Selector Funds order Form
- Central Funds Request Form
- Addition of Electronic Access to "free" Resources Form
- Trial Request Form
- were all heartily discussed and new versions should be available by the next meeting.
prepared by JP Consoli 10/28/99