STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of September 13, 2000 meeting

Present:
Penny Weniger, Marilyn Herod, Jeff Teichmann, Ana Ramirez, Mary Brodman, Marty Katz, Matt Spaventa
Excused:
Chris Lee, Andy Martinez

The main goal of this meeting was to create water emergency kits for all of the New Brunswick Libraries from requested water emergency supplies. Although some materials have arrived, many are still missing. The missing and received items lists are as follows:

Items Missing:

Caution tape, dusk masks, 8" scissors, tape guns, heavy duty tape, flashlights batteries, X-Acto utility knives, refill blades, plastic gloves, twine, string, additional large garbage cans, buckets w/wringers.

Items Received:

mops w/ handles, fans, surge protectors, extension cords,four buckets w/ wringers, four large garbage cans, heavy duty plastic, plastic garbage bags, paper towels.

The following is a list of the kit materials sent to each New Brunswick unit/branch:

Math
heavy duty plastic, fan, extension cord, paper towels, mop head, surge protector, plastic garbage bags

Douglass
heavy duty plastic, fan, extension cord, surge protector, plastic garbage bags

Chemistry
heavy duty plastic, fan, extension cord, surge protector, mop w/ handle, garbage can, bucket w/ wringer, plastic garbage bags, paper towels

Physics
Heavy duty plastic, fan, extension cord, surge protector, mop w/ handle, bucket w/ wringer, plastic garbage bags, paper towels

Art
Heavy duty plastic, fan, extension cord, surge protector, mop w/ handle, garbage can, bucket w/ wringer, plastic garbage bags, paper towels.

Chang
heavy duty plastic, fan, extension cord, surge protector, mop w/ handle, garbage can, plastic garbage bags, paper towels

LSM
heavy duty plastic, fan, extension cord, surge protector, plastic garbage bags

Annex
heavy duty plastic, fan, extension cord, surge protector, mop w/ handle, bucket w/ wringer, plastic garbage bags, paper towels

SMLR
heavy duty plastic, fan, plastic bag

KAL
heavy duty plastic, fan, extension cord, surge protector, plastic bag

As the rest of the ordered materials are received, they will be forwarded on to the unit/branches. When the kits are complete, CMFG campus representative will coordinate with local staff on kit contents, usage and storage location.

Announcements

Both Alexander Collection Management positions that are currently vacant should be filled by next month's meeting. The successful candidates will be joining the group.

The group discussed possible CMFG participation in the State of the Libraries. The group will suggest and volunteer to have a display on Water Emergencies. We would set up a table exhibiting a correctly supplied water emergency kit. We discussed the possibility of having a PC in close promixity that will run the water emergency power point presentation. Additionally, all group members will be on hand to answer questions, etc. The suggestion has since been presented to Farideh to bring forward. We will await a decision. If positive, the group will begin work on the presentation.

Jeff and Matt will continue to work on the stats database for discussion and implemenation. This will be a agenda topic at future meetings.

Zeke (Alex CM voucher) will join the meeting next month to show the group the calculations for a shifting database he worked up.

Round Robin

Jeff- Done shifting. Now training new students.

Marty- Working on end of the year missing/lost and paid reports. Would like to propose that "material types" of items on the missing/lost paid list be shown on the list.

Matt- Almost done with the missing/lost paid list. There was a small leak in the roof. Penny reported on this. A small unnoticed leak in the Art room left approximately 30-40 Art books with varying degrees of mold. Penny contacted Kristen St. John to review the materials. Kristen reviewed the books. They werebroken into 3 groups of varying degrees of damage; one group (10-15) are damaged beyond repair and will need decisions on replacement/withdrawal, one group had miminum damage, can be wiped down and replaced on the stacks; the final group needs some recovery work, the inner pages can be removed from the moldy spine, the moldy edges cut down and finally the material sent for rebinding. Kristen offered to come help with this process. Penny suggested that the group learn this final process for informational purposes. She will coordinate.

Marilyn - On going shifting is being done in stacks to make room for books returned to Chemistry library.

Mary- Finished with the history project. All history project books have been categorized under one of the following: to bindery, briddle, good condition, poor condition.

Ana- Missing/lost paid list done. Has not been able to put stats into excel because Microsoft office is not working. Mention of exlibris; a mailing list related to preservation and maintenance of book collections. She will forward the web address to Penny.

Ana Ramirez



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/collection_mgt_group/minutes/collection_mgt_group_00_09_13.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)