Minutes of March 12, 2002 meeting
- D. Bush, M. Gadek, M. Herod, M. Katz, R, Krack, C. Lee, E. McElroy, A. Martinez, A. Ortiz, S. Peck, N. Reichardt, M. Spaventa, and J. Teichmann.
- M. Brodman and R. Smith
- Mary Gadek and Jeff Teichmann are the new Co-Coordinators of the group.
- Eugene McElroy of the SMLR Library has joined the group. The group welcomed Eugene.
- Enid Yourstone's last day was 3/8/02.
- Jeff passed on a request from Mary Brodman - Please assemble fans that were sent as part of the water emergency equipment. The fans need to be ready in case of emergency. Jeff added that if there is a space concern, please contact either Mary G. or Jeff.
CS charging and discharging bindery items. This new process appears to be working smoothly. Andy
brought up some concerns over problems in newly created journal records. He mentioned it would help to
have a list of CS staff contacts for each branch library so that the correct person can be contacted
with questions. Jeff will request a list from CS.
CM FG manual
Rob and Marilyn presented two more sections of the manual - Shelf Reading and Statistics. The group
scanned the shelf reading document and provided suggestions. Marilyn will incorporate these and either
send the new version to the group or let us know where it can be found on a T drive. The statistics
document was quite lengthy, so the group decided to read it over at a later time and forward
suggestions / corrections to Rob.
The group discussed how the manual should be set up and revised the table of contents portion. The
remaining sections are assigned as follows:
- Space Studies Introduction - Jeff
- Disaster Planning Introduction - Chris
- Shelving - Rob and Nick
- Water Emergencies - Rob
- Weeding Mary G.
- Intro for the Preservation section - Matt
Bindery Procedures - monographs. Jeff reported that Alex CS has indicated they are swamped with
projects at the moment and are requesting a slowdown or holdback of monographs for the bindery. Jeff
will meet with Ian and Gracemary to discuss and determine a plan of action. He will report back next
Mid-Year report - Ann has requested a short mid-year report from all the units and functional groups.
It is to list the 3 most significant achievements of the group/unit and the 3 most pressing projects
the group/unit has pending. This was discussed and decided on as follows:
|Achievements || Pending Projects|
|FG Manual || Producing CD or web based versions of the manual|
|Site Tours || Producing a workable In-transit list|
|Gov Doc Manual || New CS User project|
Jeff and Mary will produce the report and send copies to the group.
- Chris - Currently working on: the DGLSS recon project, locating and sending approx. 800 books to Alex for the History Project, producing an Annex web site complete with training manuals. Chris indicates the Annex MAY be completed by the end of the semester.
- Diarl - Currently being trained on circulation desk tasks and RRS discharging.
- Marilyn - The Chemistry stacks are not as tight due to mid-semester circulation of items.
- Marty - Busy with RRS and CM tasks. Indicates a REF shift is either in progress or planned for LSM.
- Andy - Currently working on the DGLSS recon project. He held a book sale of the copy 2's and such weeded from the collection recently. An integration of REF and REF PER items will be occurring soon. Planning a Periodicals shift for the summer.
- Matt - REF shift is done. Working on the CS-USER project.
- Nick - working on organizing and binding the Assembly Bills at Alex.
- Shirley - is enjoying the 'visibility' of the PINS and notices stacks checks are on the rise.
- Asuncion - Noted AAL answering is very time consuming. Currently working on re-labeling the stacks and clearing up withdrawals from Reference.
- Rob - involved with the history project and working on the CM FG manual.
- Eugene - Gave a tour and brief explanation of the renovations in progress at SMLR. He was also able to introduce the group to the new director of SMLR, Mary Fraser.
Action Items (to be completed or reported on for next meeting)
- Contact list for serials record problems (JT)
- Read over Statistics portion of the manual and send comments to Rob (ALL)
- Work on assignments for the manual (see above list)
- Meet with CS to discuss bindery procedures (JT)
- Produce and distribute mid-year report (MG & JT)