Present: Kalaivani Ananthan, Isaiah Beard, Ruth Bogan, Tom Frusciano,
Michael Giarlo, Nick Gonzaga, Dave Hoover, Ron Jantz,
John Keisers, Anne Marie Lyons, Sam McDonald,
Ann Montanaro, Bob Nahory, Jeffrey Triggs, Yang Yu
Absent: Anne Butman, Judy Gardner, Dave Hoover
Fedora Conference - Ron Jantz
- Ann, Ruth, and Ron are the core planning group for the Fedora conference.
- Isaiah is creating a registration form.
- Ron will announce the conference to the Fedora list later this week after he has done
the discussed with other Fedora users.
- Investigation of payment options is being investigated by the conference core planning team..
- The conference data has been set for Friday May 13th (3 p.m. through dinner)
- The conference will be limited to 100 people (to fit in IHL).
New Jersey Fedora Conference
- There may be a 1 day 'post-conference' sometime in late May/early June (before ALA)
for New Jersey people interested in Fedora.
Release Structure - Ron Jantz
- Done for November 15.
- Essentially the do-not-embarass ourselves public showing version (after transfer from SCC to systems).
- Bug fix release; to include no new functionality
- Date due and list of bugs to be determined.
- Meta-data revisement (and underlying database changes) release.
- Due February 1st
- Some new functionality, e.g. WMS support for complex object ingestion.
- Dates to be determined. Funtionality/fixes to be determined (probably guided by MR (modification request) system).
Review of Targets - Mike Giarlo
(refer to November 8 Project Chart)
|Target 1a|| ||Done|
|Target 2|| ||Done|
|Targets 3-6|| ||Done|
|Targets 7-10|| ||Essential for Release 1.0|
|Target 8|| ||New task added: testing (due Dec. 8)|
|Target 8, #8|| ||Removed|
|Target 8, #9|| ||Removed|
|Target 9a|| ||To be handled by sub-committee|
|Target 10|| ||No change|
|Target 11|| ||Related to release 0.7|
|Target 12|| ||New tasks: 0, 5a, 5b, 5c|
|Target 13|| ||New tasks: 5a, 5b, 5c|
|Target 14|| ||No change|
|Target 15|| ||Due date changed to June 1|
A/V Digitization Procedures and Standards - Isaiah Beard
- Part of Target 9a
- Isaiah will ask DAWG members to particate in sub-commitee to create a report/recommendation for A/V Digitization Procedures and Standards.
New and Pending Projects for the Digital Library Repository - Ron Jantz
(refer to handout with project listings)
- Discussion on whether these projects need to be reviewed by the Digital Repository Review Committee.
- Projects ought to be logged with DLF when approved/initiated.
- Ron will see the chair of the Digital Repository Review Committee to investigate how the possible projects intersect with this committees charge.
Digital Object Architecture - Ron Jantz
- 'Simple objects' techical architecture issues have been resolved.
- More discussion for handling 'complex objects' and 'collection objects' still pending.
The next DAWG meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, December 13, at 9:30 AM in the Heyer Room.