Planning and Coordinating Committee: Charge
In accordance with the University Policy Library, Section 50.1.9B(5), there shall be a Planning and Coordinating Committee consisting of:
the Vice President for Information Services and University Librarian (ex-officio), the Associate University Librarian for Planning
and Organizational Research (ex-officio),the Faculty Coordinator (who will serve as chair), the Deputy Faculty Coordinator, the Faculty
Secretary, Libraries faculty members elected by the faculty in campus libraries or functional areas in which they serve, and a
representative from the Health Sciences Libraries:
- New Brunswick Libraries Representative- 1 year term
- Camden Robeson Library Representative– 2 year term
- Newark Dana Library Representative– 2 year term
- Health Sciences Libraries Representative– 2 year term
- Special Collections Representative (Special Collections and University Archives and Institute for Jazz Studies)– 2 year term
- Technical and Automated Services Representative– 2 year term
- Library Resources Council Representative (elected by the Council from among its members)– 1 year term
- User Services Council Representative (elected by the Council from among its members)– 1 year term
and up to a maximum of two additional members appointed by the Vice President for Information Services and University Librarian from the
Libraries faculty at-large if deemed necessary to ensure diversity in areas of expertise. Members thus appointed will serve a 1 year
- This committee shall advise the Vice President for Information Services and University Librarian on
- a. program priorities in the area of faculty line assignments, the provision of library services and collections, research, and service in relation to resource allocation, and
- b. long range planning (3 to 5 years) in the areas listed above.
- The committee shall also
- a. act on behalf of the Faculty at such times when the Faculty as a whole cannot meet.
- b. be responsible for coordinating the activities of the Faculty and its committees, and
- c. shall exercise such powers as the Faculty may delegate to it.