Minutes of September 22, 2003 meeting
- Stephanie Bartz, Paul Cabelli, Ellen Calhoun (Chair- prodium),
Bob Hosh, Elizabeth Leister, Suzanne Posluszny, Kayla Reichardt (Recorder),
Wen-Hua Ren, Gracemary Smulewitz, Melody Tomaszewicz, Diane Walker
- Nick Reichardt, Andrew Ruggiero
The meeting was called to order at 10:10 am.
- Minor corrections were suggested for the previous meeting minutes. SP to update.
- MONO procedures were updated by BH
- To be added to the procedures
Do not pull fiche – match inventory to list and bring list to the computer.
Only pull fiche if the inventory DOES NOT match the list.
- Serial in a Series
- Guideline needs to be fleshed out more, put into context.
- Initial paragraph should include why we do this & how to identify them
- To be updated by the Bib/Cat Group.
- Y4 hearings [fiche]
- We receive a temp SLS for the fiche, however only the paper copy is
fully cataloged by GPO. Therefore the temp SLS fiche record will never be
overlaid by a fully cataloged record. Also, SLS records do not always match
title of the full record.
- BW could run a batch report of temp SLS records not overlaid for the past 8 mos.
- When MON-NEW is loaded, treat Y4’s as top priority – photocopy & date rec’d fiche & date added to full bib record.
- Paper is probably loaded first: search by SuDoc & by title. Explore whether full records are already available.
- Change is original decision: Whether for a NT or Recon title, do not
add a Control or Marc record.
- For Current "n" retained, add an 852 tag only with instructions.
- Add item info to an auto-generated barcoded item.
- When the SLS is fully overlaid, recreate the 852 & add the Marc
and Control records. Remove the item info from the auto-generated barcoded
item [DO NOT REMOVE ENTIRE ITEM RECORD.].
- Control & Marc records will not be added to SERMARPEN SLS records.
- Entire runs of fiche will NOT be pulled, unless there is a discrepancy
between the inventory and the list.
- SP to update previous meeting minutes
- BH to update MONO procedures
- Bib/Cat group to flesh out Serials with in a Series guidelines
- AR to explore whether fully cataloged paper records for titles we have
in fiche are already available [Y4 hearings]
The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 pm.
Next meeting date and time: October 14, 2003 - 10am
Location: LSM SPCol
Recorder: Nick Reichardt
Backup: Wen-Hua Ren