Minutes of July 13, 2004 meeting
- Andrew Ruggiero [chair], Stephanie Bartz, Ellen Calhoun, Paul Cabelli, Bob Hosh, Elizabeth Leister, Suzanne Posluszny [recorder], Gracemary Smulewitz, Diane Walker
- Harriet Deceunynck [retired], Melody Tomaszewicz [excused]
- Review and approve previous meeting minutes
- Review the MARCIVE MON-NEW and SER-NEW & OL unit processing flow charts (PC/GS).
- Review CD-ROM processing procedures at LSM/ALEX (DW)
- Review suggestions to the test GovDocPro website.
- Findings of % of Dup/Pending records of Jan 2004 SER-NEW & OL with tangible holdings at ALEX & LSM (BH/AR)
- Cheat sheet for labeling documents.
- The previous meeting minutes were reviewed, corrections made and approved by the group. Andrew will make the necessary corrections
to the minutes then re-distribute them to the group.
- Group reviewed Holdings Management for MARCIVE MON-NEW Federal Depository Material flow chart. Andrew explained this document is a
generalization of the workflow process for MON-NEW titles. Corrections were brought
up through discussion and will be made to this document by Andrew and Paul.
- Diane reported on this issue. Apparently the CD-ROM labeling standards and procedures are being updated by the Processing Coordinator
in End processing, a new section of the Bindery Focus Group now in
charge of labeling. Due to this new processing change, confusion may have been caused.
- Group reviewed GovDocPro website with suggestions and corrections forAndrew to make. Some of the Corrections included a link from
the master list to the GPO shipping lists and credit for the online sudoc tutorial.
- Tangible holding numbers and percentages varied at ALEX and LSM. Thegroup decided to have both
locations keep statistics and review these percentages in six months.
- Group reviewed the cheat sheet for labeling titled Samples of SudocNumber Bound Spine Labels.
Discussion varied as to what the sudoc call number represented in a bindable unit and to how this
document would bebest represented.
- Checking for number of tangible format holdings will be discussed in six months.
- AR/PC will make corrections to the Holdings Management for MARCIVE MON-NEW Federal Depository
Material flow chart as discussed at the meeting.
- PC will make corrections to the MARCIVE Established Guideline for Unit
Processing of Duplicate Records as discussed at the meeting
- AR will update GovDocPro website with corrections discussed at meeting.
- Bib/Cat Focus Group will review serial holdings statements for titles not paid for and not
included in the Serial Holdings Inventory Project.
Next meeting September 15, 2004
Next recorder: Gracemary Smulewitz
Back up recorder: Melody Tomaszewicz