STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of September 15, 2004 meeting

Present:
Andrew Ruggiero (Chair), Diane Walker (Recorder), Susan Brower, Bob Hosh, Ellen Calhoun, Paul Cabelli, Suzanne Pozluszny, Steve Zahorbenski (for Elizabeth Leister)
Absent:
Gracemary Smulewitz, Melody Tomaszewicz

Agenda

  1. Review and approve previous meeting minutes
  2. Discussion of discrepancies between SuDoc labeling standards between ALEX & LSM
  3. Questions on whether Virg Miller taking MON-NEW/CNG responsibilities
  4. Processing Readex Microfiche
  5. GovDocPro Webpage update

Meeting Minutes

  1. The group approved the minutes from the previous month. Andrew will post the updated version to the GovDocs page of the NBL website
    • The group decided that LSM and ALEX will continue to follow slightly different standards when creating their SuDoc labels. ALEX’s volumes will drop down the forward slash before the cutter to begin a new line, whereas LSM will place the forward slash as the last character on the line before cutter.
  2. It was not known for sure whether or not Virg Miller will be taking over Harriet’s responsibilities in regards to working with the MARCIVE MON-NEW and MON-CNG record loads
    • Andrew will investigate, and report back to the group with any findings.
  3. Units will send serial titles received in the form of Readex Microfiche to cataloging, following the normal workflow and procedures of pre- and post- cataloging. SERMARPEN records will not be created for these titles.
  4. GovDocPro Webpage
    • Andrew reported that the entire NBL Collection Services website (which includes the GovDocPro webpage) was updated. It was suggested that any problems regarding the update should be brought to his attention as soon as they are discovered.

Decisions

  1. Units will send serial titles received in the form of Readex Microfiche to cataloging, following the normal workflow and procedures of pre- and post- cataloging. SERMARPEN records will not be created for these titles.
  2. Paul and Bob were charged with the responsibility of informing the respective unit Bindery staff about any changes made to SuDoc labeling standards for bound volumes.

Assignments

  1. Ellen will compose a cheat sheet for composing SuDoc #s.
  2. Andrew will talk to Gracemary regarding Melody’s GovDocPro member status
  3. Diane will send a copy of the SuDoc cheat sheet used at ALEX to Ellen for reference in creating the new SuDoc classification guide.

Next Meeting: 10/12/04: LSM Time: 10:00am
Next recorder: Stephanie Bartz
Back up recorder: Paul Cabelli



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/gov_docs_processing/minutes/gov_docs_processing_04-09-15.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)